Monday, June 1, 2009

Wai Lana = kick my a$$ (women's special)

I have been doing yoga since about March.  On Sat. mornings (way before I wake up) is yoga with Wai Lana on PBS.  I tape it and have been doing it several days a week before lunch.  I LOVE IT! I really feel like I am shaping up, and boys, don't knock it until you try it.  Shawen was making fun of yoga and was playing around pretending to do "duck walking" and pulled his groin, so......
Anyway, the past four episodes have been pregnancy and after birth specials.  Boy, if I had just been doing those when I was preggers and after, I would be in much better shape.  I also would have been more equipped to give birth.  She concentrates on strengthening the pelvic floor, which is good for women anytime so I still have been doing the asanas, and she does the exercise where you squeeze the muscles down there in a way I can understand.  I read in numerous publications on how to do that, and although I kind of could, I would always forget, anyway, she just does these really great exercises in a manner safe for pregnant women.  I seriously highly recommend checking it out.  She actually makes me feel like gee, maybe I could do that birth thing. 


No comments: