Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Anchorage

A few weeks ago I went to Anchorage to see a neurologist about my back. I haven't written about it because it was not good news. The trip to Anc. was great. I stayed with a friend, which was great. I got to meet her family, and it was nice not staying in a hotel. I also attended a paper tear repair workshop. I was planning on going up, and then saw that the workshop was being offered, so I went a day early and got one more skill under my belt!

Back to the back - I have a degenerating bulging disc. The bulge, if it was giving me leg pain, could be "fixed". The degenerative part, cannot be. He recommended fusion, which is a major surgery. I have proven I do not do well with surgery. It would take the average person 6 weeks to heal. It would take me 6 months, if it didn't kill me (literally)!

What does this mean? Well, I cannot have more children (between the complicated C-section and the disc, no go). Unless that has been taken away from you, you cannot imagine how it feels. And I have guarenteed pain in my future.

No comments: