Friday, December 9, 2011

Power Outage Walkabout

On Thursday the power went out, as it occasionally does in Kodiak. Although annoying at times, we do have a good electric association. Our electricity mainly comes from a hydroelectric dam and wind turbines - green energy. Anyway, since we couldn't work in the dark, Patrick and I went to the harbor to take photos. As soon as he said "this is like photography glass" I began giggling. We decided to share our photos - just like in photography class - thinking we would likely end up with some similar shots. Patrick is a way better photographer for sure, AND he has a better camera and lens, so mine do not compare. Check his out (awesome!)





Not sure which one I like better, maybe not happy with both individually so, sharing both.

I think you will be attempt two later. After seeing Patrick's, i think I need to try again!

1 comment:

Zoya, Patrick, Nora and Stuart said...

I think yours compare VERY favorably! You sell yourself short. I particularly like the one with the fog - I didn't even see that one. Great Pics! We'll have do it again. Maybe a Near Island beach walk - and you get the macro lens.
Patrick