Monday, March 26, 2012

What's a week-end?

I have been interested in the Thelma C for awhile, and wanted to participate in the restoration, but figured I have limited time and I would just be in the way - I'm just a girl! However, Brian convinced me that every hand counts - it takes a community.....Anyway, despite being sick, I went and worked on the the ol' gal.

Me with the Thelma Cheese (Black specs are dirt. My hands actually got dirty).

I came in handy after all! I CAN vacuum and sweep, so I cleaned up the wheelhouse. I also pulled some planks and a few other things, so it worked out.


Here is Abby practicing handbells at church.

After church, we went to the beach. Unfortunately, as it turned out, I was not well enough for that. I full blown relapsed into sickness. It was the worst yet. Felt like I was going to pass out. Luckily, I had a friend come over and hang out with me for a bit, and put potatoes on my feet (His grandma said it draws out the toxins. Who am I to argue with grandma?)

As I was resting, Abby decided that she wanted to do yoga! That's a first.
My lil' yogi!

1 comment:

Mom, Grandmum said...

So proud of you, marnie- volunteering while sick. Please take care. So proud of Abby- I have ALWAYS wanted to play handbells!!! Wish we could be there to see you both!