Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Almost the end


I could have easily just hung out in our posh pad, which we did, as it started to rain and BLOW hard!  The next day we were scheduled to fly to Hilo to see Volcano National Park. Abby REALLY wanted to see a volcano.  A splurge that was worth it.  
I didn't sleep very well that night. Mostly just listened to the wind howl.



We were late arriving to Hilo due to a mechanical issue, not the weather! 
Black sand beach. Get to see plenty of these, but still lovely (and warmer).


It was SO wonderful to be able to see all different kinds of flora.  We spent a good deal of our week smelling flowers and admiring trees.

Mauna loa factory - The Enrober.







 At one point, when we were walking in the wet jungle and someone yelled "watch out for the T-rex!"

 Closest I need to be to a volcano.

Last sunset.

It pains me to look at these photos! We had so much fun together. To be able to just hang out with Abby was magic in itself, but of course the ethereally warm environment helped!  Also, it pains me because I know our one week experience together was beyond my means. It all went on a credit card. I am a slave to debt. As much as I try, as little as I spend, it matters not. I do not make enough money to support us.  Let alone to be able to get off the rock once in awhile.

No comments: