Thursday, August 9, 2012

Divine synchronicity

Abby and I went over to Monk's Lagoon on Spruce Is. for the annual St. Herman pilgrimage.  I go for several reasons. Foremost, I am familiar with Fr. Gerasim and like to visit where he lived.  It is also really beautiful there. And, it's an adventure, for me.  The skiff ride is the main "adventurous" part. I like my feet on the ground, so anything but and I am nervous.

The ride over was a little rough. There were some good swells spread apart, so it was up and down and jerky. Abby was scared, but she did really well. The seas calmed down later and we took a Bristol Bay boat back, so it was slow and smooth, rather than fast and bumpy.



 Devil's club

 Crazy amount of moss


  Oh so FLUFFY!


 
Fr. G's house - my dream home. I would just like running water (indoor bathroom) and a kitchen, which I think there was, or was that a closet?


 It's amazing how so much is intact. It's seems to be how he left it.



 He made this cross. He was quite crafty.



The small Chapel of Kaluga built where St. Herman had lived.

Fr. G made these boxed scenes. Can't recall their name.







 Abby being silly during service.  



Boat ride back Abby fell asleep Note the drool.


Rusty Tusty

And then we got back.  After that, a series of events took place in rapid succession that were almost unreal - like watching a movie, except it was me, my life.  It was painful, but necessary.  There was a whole lot of prayer for a perfect and sinless day, but alas it was not.  It was overwhelming. I had an anxiety attack all night and didn't sleep. It sucks that people can be hurtful. I am hitting the delete button.  I have too many good things in life to worry about some "jerk" and his skanky tramp. Damn straight I deserve better, and I got it - my daughter, my family, and real friends.

No comments: