Tuesday, December 8, 2015

0

For being such lackluster images, this sure was a dramatic outing. I have to go back to take images of the road. Not really much of a road as an moss covered alder alley complete with dam.  By far the most scenic road I have been on to date. It was late and dark, with the sounds of rain drops hitting mud-soaked puddles, bears scurrying in the distance. 

With Tim with me I definitely covered more ground and did things I would not have otherwise. Like the very steep hillside. "Grab my hand," he insisted. "Are you crazy? You cannot lift me five feet!" His voice wavered, "You don't trust me." "I am scared," I said trying to pacify him. I am too fat for him to lift me that high. 

I made it up the ledge and we avoided the bears, after of course getting a little turned around in the dark. He knew where he was, I didn't, then I did and he didn't. We would have made it back eventually. It's only a few square mile area.

I did not find what I was looking for. The first time I was closer, but I saw things I have never seen before this time. No pictures though. It was too dark in the woods, even with a headlamp.

No comments: