Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flowers

Green and puple grass, simple is fine.

Here's more of the local weeds.

On my evening walks with Abigail I have been seeing sooooo many flowers! Some of the fireweed is already blooming and nearing the top. When it reaches the top it is a sign "summer" is over. I think, and hope, it is just confused by all of our sunny weather.


Abigail asks me to pick each different kind of flower she sees. She doesn't understand I just can't go picking people's flowers, although sometimes I break down to keep her from crying. Anything in public space is fair game though.


I really like the grasses, and although not local I love poppies. I like how the petals are paper-like and translucent. I also got to smell lilac for the first time in three years. Somehow I never noticed that lilacs grow here.

1 comment:

Angela said...

What gorgeous flowers! Good memories for me. I have my share of flowers here in Clearwater, and it never gets old. Hope you are enjoying the Alaska summer!