Thursday, February 17, 2011

The museum had meetings the last few days about much needed expansion, and while I was quite bummed initially, I think some good definitely came out of them. At the public meeting, when the Director of the Baranov Museum openly came out and said how we were living up to high collection care standards (which she most definitely did not have to do!), that made may day! It was also great to learn how Elder's are shuffled around and that we do need a "living room" for the community.

I am not going to divulge the aspects I did not think went to well right now. I will need to think about wording carefully! I will say I am very happy with my position, which I often state on this blog. I hope my proclamations of success do not come off as gloating. Rather, when I speak positively about the museum, it's because I truly believe in our mission and the outstanding programs that have been developed over the past decade. I am proud to be an integral part of the organization.

I will also clarify that the rant from a post ago is most definitely not about my job! It is about another aspect of my life that was important to me, both personally and professionally. Although I have been criticized for bringing it back up, I have not - it comes up because of my profession! I feel like I have been wronged because of an ultimatum that is immature, unfair, and just way overboard.

No comments: