Sunday, February 6, 2011

What may seem unimportant to some, may be important to others. This is not only a fact of life (hgmm, mm - clearing my throat), but a consideration when working with collections, such as photographs. What may seem like a bland and insignificant image, may be a treasure for someone else. For example, a photograph of the interior of a Kodiak home in the 1950s may show perhaps an icon corner, in which a researcher is interested. The above image, may mean nothing to you, but to me is depicts the yellowed grass of Kodiak I find so lovely, the bridge (the only bridge) in Kodiak I walk across quite often, and my workplace just in the corner.


Abby requested that we take a portrait.





Still no pictures of people. I saw a few shots of people I wanted to take, but I am too timid to ask"Can I take your photo?" I already feel like they are looking at me funny, walking around town in my silly looking fur hat (hey, it keeps my head warm, and Shawen likes it, because no guy would be interested in me in it!).

No comments: