Saturday, April 9, 2011

ITN film festival

Glorious beaches,

pretty wildflowers,
Eden-like picnic spots,
interesting, aka crazy people (cause if you're here, you're off in some way!),
and then the side of Kodiak/Alaska films and most TV shows don't show....


Lots of goings-on this weekend. In fact, with non-winter beginning, everything is starting to pick up pace. Last night I attended Island Trail Network's film festival - locally made films of Kodiak's glorious nature and activities - in lieu of attending an art exhibit in which I have pottery. I didn't want to miss the skiing, snowboarding, biking, mountain bike riding on snow covered mountains, fishing, fish enumeration, hunting, eco-challenge, surfing....all of Kodiak's splendor in short film!

Watching the films definitely made me realize how lucky I am to get to be here. Most people watch TV shows about dreamy Alaska. I'm living "the dream". I am really trying to make the most of what's here. I often visit beaches, I am gettin' tours of boats, meeting people and hearing crazy stories, living up to some of those crazy small-town rumors, and most definitely looking forward to "summer" fun. I like watching movies, but am more engaged in living life to the fullest, of course with Abby. I wanted to live in Kodiak long enough for her to remember it. She knows about sea creatures, sea lions, cold rainy weather, and island life in general, and that's pretty awesome.

No comments: