Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Report

I haven't been keeping up with my journal - it's available online for the world to yawn over...
My weekend started on Saturday by being irresponsible, which is very unusual for Miss Responsible Me. I went out with co-workers to burn off some steam and ended up having a fun, but drunken night. One of the conversations with my popular bartender/co-worker was her attitude she has - respect is earned, it's not just given, and she don't put up with no shit, you'll be waitin' for that drink. I wish we would have had that conversation before, as I am the opposite. I assume people are nice and honest, and they aren't very often as it turns out. I am learning the hard way. It's just difficult for me to accept that people don't live by the Golden Rule. No one likes being ignored, lied to, stood up, etc. I am honest and very direct, so there just no reason for for being disrespectful. All I can say is karma is a bitch, and on judgment day, I don't think Jesus is going to say, "Yep, I totally understand you being a douche." Ah yes, the photo above.... I express my feelings in weird ways, like posing with heavy implements.










Anyway, back to bartender, she was asking all the fishermen she knows if I could get a tour of a boat, since I have never been on a fishing boat. We ended up on the Trailblazer (a Deadliest Catch boat). Going down the ladder at the cannery was scary. It was so slippery. The ladder is completely vertical and there is a about a 3-foot space between the boat and the dock, and if you fall in the freezing water....They had to get me gloves because I am total chicken when it comes to heights and it was low tide, so it was a bit aways down. I made it down and am glad for it. It's just a floating man pad, a plethora of visual eccentricities.

Sunday was really great, but I am not going to write about it, except I did see a cheesy kung fu movie. I like kung fu movies in general, and I got to go swimming as well, and some other things. I got plenty of exercise this weekend, which is nice.

On Monday, the rain ceased and Abby and I ventured downtown in the stroller to soak up the warm sun and then later we went to Kelly's private beach, where Abby got to play with her best friend Kori.


No comments: