Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Anton take 2

 
 Who could get sick of this view???! Bruce and Midge have an amazing spot on this Earth. I am so grateful I got to spend a few days there.


 I tired to help plant and do chores, but Bruce is used to doing everything by himself.

We got some lettuce planted. 

  
 I definitely felt happy and content while there. It was a great time. Good company, banya, yummy food, surrounded by unspoiled beauty, what else could I ask for?!

 Little temporary spot of heaven.

All Timmy and I want is a place to call our own - a little cabin in the woods (in Kodiak). We will never have it. Why you ask? Kodiak is extremely expensive with very limited resources. There is an incredible lack of opportunity for professional development, and when opportunities arise, despite the fact I have an education and an abundance of experience, well, they seemingly are not available to me for what reason I know not.

We don't have enough money as is, aka $60-80,000 on hand to buy land (if there is any available. btw, rent in Kodiak is $1500-1800 a month and houses are over $300,000 with one or two around $200,000), so....Guess I'll go by the wayside.  I feel bad mostly for Abby. She will watch me struggle like I watch my mom, and she will be able to do nothing about it, like I can do nothing. (I can't even provide health insurance for Abby.  I have no retirement, no possessions of any value, I am not complaining, I am painting a picture of reality. The one thing I do have is LOVE, which is far more valuable than any monetary thing. However, a little cabin in the woods is a DREAM, and having it unattainable seems to be choking the life out of us.)

Morning ice. 

It was a fabulous experience, and I will keep it dear to my heart.




NOT photoshopped! G-R-E-E-N!

Got back to town and everything was of course back to the same ol' $%^^%#&%$@!!!

No comments: