Friday, January 17, 2014

Basil and Lou

 We adopted a cat. Lucky and Venus passed on years ago, and I had no desire for a pet.  We dog sit Lou and that's a great way to have a pet! Have him for a week, and give 'em back!

 Lou has unfortunately moved away. We miss him bunches!  We had him at least a week every month for about a year and a half. He was an excitable Brittany Spaniel, but he loved me sooo much!  He would bury his head under me if I laid on the couch, and try to practically crawl inside me! How close could he snuggle?!

He ran so fast and jumped so high. He is true to his breed, lovin' the birds.  He would run away, often, go down to the harbor and roll in fish something. Oh he stank!  One time he ran in 30 minutes from downtown to Safeway. When I would take him walks he ran 1/4 mile loops around me, lookin' at me like I am a sloth, and he a hummingbird.

Basil is awesome - a cat with NO bad habits!!!?? No scratching, shedding (despite havinglong hair. My aunts say she is probably Maine Coon), random peeing, or excessive meowing. 
She is our constant companion. 

No comments: