Monday, March 10, 2014

Basil the cat

I was going to post how awesome my cat is, sorry, our cat.  She is fat, happy, and has no bad habits, which I didn't think existed in a cat. She is our constant companion. Unfortunately, she vanished on Friday. I thought I heard her in the house after I went to bed, but discovered she was gone the next day. She did not greet me, ready to be fed.

If she does sneak outside, she is such a puss she always comes right back. When she didn't come back, and didn't come back, I freaked out! I did not handle her missing well.  I had never thought about losing her, and I was a mess! I cried all day!  Basil has been the glue of my fabric these past few months. Sounds silly, but she sleeps with me, sits on or by me, doesn't talk back, is soft and fuzzy, and very mild mannered - a great companion! I just had not even considered her like "missing never to come back" kind of way, and I completely panicked.

I posted to FB, and hung some flyers, but no Basil. I was going to do a bigger search the next day, but Timmy's mom convinced me to go look one again that night. At first we drove around the block calling her, but as we were driving, I realized she had to be close to the house. It was quiet, so I got out and walked around the block calling her.  You could hear me for about a half mile!  The acoustics were good...but, I heard no quiet meow back (she's a quiet meower). Finally, there was one last house I was going to check, which I had walked by about ten times that day, but I was going to check again, one last time, and alas, I heard a faint meow. She was under a shed by some chickens in a fenced yard. She got it, and couldn't get out. Oy! 


1 comment:

Anne Timpano said...

So you got her out and she's home with you now and okay?