Saturday, September 20, 2014

Volunteerism

After adopting Basil, Abby sure does like kitties. Here she is the teacher instructing them how to add up their treats. She scored their answers.




Bobo.

Bobo Abby.

Abby and I volunteer at the animal shelter every week. I grew up with my parents volunteering to make our neighborhood better! They restored three homes, gardened like crazy, attended who knows how many meetings and got a lot done! I recall historic lighting, park improvements, signage, zoning, etc. I can't perceive how they got so much accomplished!  Grassroot efforts in Kodiak seem to have slower, lesser results.

The difference I make at the shelter may be minimal, but I feel the impact. I got a huge dread out of little Violet's butt. (I have tried getting Bobo's dreads out, but she is difficult.) I have passed out lots of treats. I have changed lots of litter boxes (they only get one scoop of litter, so boxes have to be changed often).

No comments: