Friday, January 30, 2015

Prophetic pathetic fallacy

I did not realize the extent of the remains. I could not travel, off trail of course, 50 feet without finding another site.  Collapsed Quonset.

It' s not all glorious as a gun mount, but absolutely thrilling for me just the same. 
Could it get any better?!

 Traversing on a foot of moss is way different than feet hitting pavement or gravel.

 Oh look, it's A1518.

 And footings! 
 
In comprehendingly comforting rows.
 
 The moss so cold footprints evident a day later. Also bear prints. Lots of bears. I also did not realize how many bears till I got off trail. At one point on one of my return trips I found a trail to take. I didn't have a lot of choice, it was steep up and a stream down, so I kept on it. It kinda looked human, but it had that bear trail look. I was being very verbal, and then finally came to accept that indeed I was on a bear trail. My next move was over a blind hill. I got to the top, and lo and behold had a bear bed in my face! Minus the bear. I was ultimately really close to the human trail. I can imagine the Coasties wondering who is that loud cussing woman. Amazing how just 100 feet can make so much a difference, between the human kingdom and primal wilderness.

 I try to take the old roads to find the remnants of structures.

 But often the flat roads have become waterways.

Wonder what this sign said?

 
 I know what this one is.

 like I could stay away? To walk the same hallway. Amazing.  
 

 That note is original.

Linoleum! 

 Still don't know about the doors - blast, fire, or gas or all three?

mount and one of the corresponding magazines


So what am I doing? Well, I have an idea. Will I do it? I know I can, I have the know-how, but am lacking some resources. Do I have the confidence? Situation makes me sick. Stuck. Did you think I would just be like, "oh it's ok"?

No comments: