Saturday, November 8, 2008




I am seriously bumming. I work SO hard ALL summer to make pottery to sell. My work this year is good. I am a good thrower. Not many peopel can throw 13 inch high vases or 15 inch wide bowls. I got down a style and my glazes. I am set, except that I am one week late for the big bazaar. I should mention holiday bazaars are very popular here since there are not too many places to shop here. I kept looking in the paper for the ad for signing up for the big bazaar, and I never saw it. When I finally in passing saw a flyer, it was too late for me to finish my last load.


I had resolved myself that I was not doing the big bazaar this year because I really have not done very well in the past, and I didn't think much of it, until an artist came into the museum and it dawned on me, what am I doing?! I worked hard all year and the bazaar is the place to be seen, everyone goes. I messed up. I have been beating myself up about it for two days. I signed up for a bazaar for next weekend, but it's not the big one, and most likely I will loose money because of the cost of the table. Frustrating. I just feel like I could be doing well with this if I had a market. Like, lived in a city of more than a few thousand people. Ah, you say website, I say broken peices and expensive shipping. Grr.

No comments: