Tuesday, November 4, 2008


It’s hard to believe it’s been a year. Looking back, I remember waiting and waiting for Abby to get here (as I was two weeks late and had to be induced), and now I think “why was I impatient?!” All the things I did to prepare for her arrival - getting clothes, crib, toys, books, washcloths, pacifiers, baby gates, reading on development - are all almost worthless now. Now my little girl is a boundless bundle of energy and curiosity, getting into anything she can. All the clothes are too small, her toys are old and either broken or too boring, my efforts to baby proof the house are inadequate, and her energy outlast mine every day. Despite the fatigue, she brings joy and laughter into our lives. She is her own person, with a distinct personality I had nothing to do with. She is Abby, hear her roar!

No comments: