Sunday, March 8, 2009

Kodiak Hospitality

All the people I have met in Kodiak on a regular basis amaze me at how open, hospitable, caring and kind they are.  Unbelievable really that so many nice people, like the co-worker and his family I mentioned in the previous post, live in one town.  
A women who used to do what I do at my job invited me to their 10 year anniversary party last night.  I don't know them well, so I wasn't going to attend, but she made a point of calling me and inviting me. Abby, Shawen and I had a great time and I am so thankful they let me enjoy their happy family and friends for those few hours.  
I could go on and on with examples of Kodiak kindness, such as Kodiak Kindness, and how everyone was so supportive with Abby's birth, well, it goes way beyond supportive.  Anyway, I am lucky to be here with these uber cool and nice people.  

No comments: