Monday, May 4, 2009

Pandemonium

There was a rumor circulating that someone here in Kodiak got the swine flu, which was not true. Shawen and I were talking to a neighbor about it and Shawen joked around that in case of a pandemic when we run out of food we will have to eat people. He then realized his joke was not so funny, and said" wow, I have been playing way to much Resident Evil". Why is human cannibalism so taboo? There are several cultures that did / do eat other people. Other species also eat each other. The first time I saw an eagle I was in Pasagshak. I was looking at a bird and then an eagle swooped down and caught it. As I have been walking around town recently, e.g. Near Island, there are spots of decimated bird feathers, some of which are still attached to a bit of skin, gross, but the point is eagles eat other birds, and they are our national bird!
P.S. This post is supposed to be humorous, I am in no way condoning cannibalism.

No comments: