Thursday, April 30, 2009

Challenges

My new photo challenge is to get a photo of Abby and her Big Bro together - a good one! It is hard to get a pic of Abby, she moves too much, or she wants the camera so she can see pics of the "baby", but both of them together will be even more challenging. I want her to "remember" her brother when she is older. Poor Abby has been very sick, so she looks a bit disheveled.

My other challenge is creating an entry for the Crab Fest Art Show. Hopefully I don't blow this one one, f-up the glaze, etc. It looks a little strange right now with the underglazes on it, but the whole piece will be covered in a blue glaze and the underglazes blend in. I wish I would have taken a pic sans the underglaze. When pieces are leatherhard is when I like them the best - so supple.

It's a large piece. Shawen calls it somethjing like a big monster. When Peter saw it the other day he also remarked how large it was. Hopefully people see more to it than that! I have poured about 40 hours into this piece all-in-all. It is an "Octopus' Garden", where I also would like to be. Thanks John.
Of course I can't just make one piece, I have to make an entire kiln load. I made some votives, what will be corked jars, and a few large, simple bowls.
If I look tired it is because I am! I have also been sick, but I keep pushing myself.


No comments: