Saturday, April 10, 2010

Although the problem with niceties from Shawen is that I have to take them with a grain of salt.  For example, he took care of Abby for four days when she was sick, and I only had to take off one day of work, and that's great, but he doesn't give me poopery (pottery) time and can be a little disagreeable sometimes when I have a problem (e.g. my back hurts and I'm tured - ha ha freudian -when I'm a turd, I think I meant tired, same thing)  Too selfish am I? Probably. But the thing with pottery, is that I am actually pretty good at it and am FINALLY producing work to exhibit, and it's no totally selfish, I am making a few urns.  (Shawen later added something like - I am selfish, I am a mom, and I complain about "self" time too much. He later semi-retracted and apologized, sort of).

On the other hand, no pottery tonight, but plenty of Abby, who talks up a freakin storm - literally does not stop talking it seems - "oh my goodness" (so funny the way she says that).  She has learned sooooo much lately.  She knows shapes, with just a little trouble with rectangle.  She knows more new words than I can possibly jot down.  Tonight I managed to trim her fingernails and paint them metallic pink.

No comments: