Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Jane Austin and Zombies you say? That's right up my alley! I did prefer the prequel, Pride and Prejudice: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, rather then the original.

"My Lord?" Belgrave said blabdly when he walked in a moment later. He was a studiously stoic little fellow of forty-and-some years with a gray at his temples and a pale gray complexion and a gray, gray soul. If he noticed his employer lolling about without a stitch on, he didn't show it. He never seemed to notice anything, which is one of the reasons Lord Lumpley depended on him so. As a test, the baron once strutted around an entire morning with half an apple clinched between his naken cheeks, and when at last Belgrave commented upon it, it was only to say, "Pardon me, My Lord, but you seemed to have bruised your fruit. Shall I fetch you something fresh?"

"Will you tell me how long you have loved him?"
"It has been coming on so gradually, that I hardly know when it began. but I beleive I must date it from my first seeing the way his trousers clung to those most English parts."

She began now to comprehend that he was exactly the man, who in disposition and talents, who would most suit her. His understanding and temper would have answered all her wishes. It was an union that would have been to the advantage of both; by her aggression and livliness, his introversion might have softened, and from his judgement, information, and knowledge of the world, she must have recieved benefit of greater importance. But no such happy marriage could now teach the admring multitude what connubial felicity really was.

From the very beggining - from the first moment of my acquaintance with you, you manners, impressing me with the fullest belief of your arrogance, your conceit, and you selfish disdain of the feelings of others, were such as to form the groundwork disapprobation on which succeeding events have built so immovable a dislike.

propinquity
acrimony
petulance
sanguine

No comments: