Friday, September 10, 2010

This is an email from my mom to me about all the party supplies she got for Abby's 3rd Birthday. I think Abby is set! I am so looking forward to her birthday. I know she is too.
I write this blog as Abby will not remember these early years, but I want her to know how much grandmum and grandad love her, so here it is (the aside in the middle about Sully and Caesar is funny):

Planned two parties of 8:

two packages of 8 each invitations- Dora

Dora super star ribbon badge for Birthday girl

8 butterfly party hats (matches the colors of the other stuff)

8 foil tiaras (Happy birthday) 2 hot pink and 4 gold (matches colors)

one package with a musical candle + a "3" candle.

One sealed package with a "3" sparkler candle. (whooo-hoo- do you want a sparkler candle for your birthday? (34?) NOOOO! -- hey it least your birthday number doesn't begin with a 5 and end with a 9!!!)

two packages of 8, Dora , 9x9" plates with three compartments (cake and small snacks or ice cream- bit larger than cake only plates only 25cent difference)

two packages of 8 each Dora matching cups

two packages Dora napkins- use leftover for everyday.

Dora sandwich bags- I found these for $1 and you can put cookies or candy in them or use them every day. You can write the kids name and the name on the package says Abbey- ha!

bag of large balloons- "girl assortment" dark pink, purple, white, light shell pink (the Dora balloons were more expensive and I didn't think you could find helium.)

One package each- dark pink streamers and purple streamers

Gift bags- I knew this stuff would be even more expensive there IF you could find it. You may need more to fill them out. here is what I have so far:

two packages of 8 each Dora party gift bags

two packages of 8 each Dora blow-out birthday horns with a circle photo of Dora wearing the bracelets that I got.

four packages of 4 each nice Dora bracelets- yellow beads with Blue flower that has lip gloss.

Three packages of Krazy straws- 6 that are curvy and 2 pkgs. of eight straight that are striped in colors of party

two packages of eight each sticker strips. Someone has gotten smart as the stickers now come only 1-2 pages for $1 which is highway robbery. They used to be cheaper.

I got one package of pink princess and one of tropical hello kitty- they matched, were cute, shiny and less expensive choice and will fit into goodie gift bag.

four packages of five each "glow" bracelets.


I am walking back and forth from the back bedroom to the computer to write stuff down and I have apparently tired out Caesar and Sullivan. I looked down and Caesar was having a cat dream with his whiskers, eyelids, paws and tail moving as he dreamt. I walked in to check Sully and he was sound asleep by Morgan's side of the bed and he was having a dream- his eyelids were twitching, he was making little noises and his paws were moving. Wonder if they were dreaming in parallel universes??? They both just yawned and stretched and Sully got up for a drink of water.


to continue:

two packages of 12 fake "gem" rings

one package of 12 tracing strips

eight tiny Dora puzzles that were only 49 cents each- that's all they had. would have bought more if they had them.


.......

No comments: