Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feels Like Home

Thanks to a co-worker, I have a new rug! It replaces the cream-colored Wal-Mart rug that was no longer cream, but more like a hint of cream with lots of splashes of grey encrusted toddler mess. I love the new rug. First, it is totally like a rug my parents would have had in their house, so it reminds me of them and the house I grew up in, which makes me happy. Second, it brings color into the room (and matches my borrowed furniture)!! Last year I painted a dark greenish blue accent wall as one enters, and although that was a start, this really adds a lot of umfp, especially for the upcoming dark months. The combined added color and the reminiscence of home makes my meager dwelling actually feel like home for the first time. Thank you!!!

No comments: