Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rewards

The favorite part of my job is meeting people. "I meet more people here on a remote island in Alaska than I would if I worked at the Smithsonian," is what I always say. We get a slew of researchers and visitors every year, but this year I have particularly worked a lot with researchers. We had several last week, with a few who had never been to Kodiak before. When visitors ask what they should do in Kodiak, I always respond go see Fort Abercrombie. It is so beautiful , and there's the extra bang for the (free) buck with all the WWII remains scattered about. I kept telling them to go, but of course they have no car, so this time I gave a personal tour. It was fun! I was surprised about how much I knew! I even sounded authoritative. Funny. Anyway, it was a great time. It's one of the reasons I love my job and work so hard to be the best Registrar!

No comments: