Friday, May 13, 2011

In Indianapolis at the Dora exhibit - Isa's Flowery Garden.


Pirate Piggies!

My lil' monkey!

Our chauffeur.

A good traveler.

It's the Howard stop - literally, the sign reads "Howard"!!


Mmm, super thick sludgy hot chocolate on a cold windy evening in Chicago.
The chocolate was so good!


I haven't been back to Dayton in a year and a half. Abby is an amazing traveler. Ok, so she was incredibly frustrating me in the Anchorage airport for an hour, but that's pretty awesome considering we were there for five hours! We ate, ran around, and then I got the bright idea of the motorized walkway - she rode that ride for quite awhile. It was a first for her.

Then we had about an hour left, and I discovered that they now have a Cinnabon and a Yogurtland, outside the secure area. I decided that we could go out and go back through security. Oh, the frozen yogurt was so good. We zipped back through security. It's kind of, um, amazing how many TSA agents there are for the three people going through security. I am guessing about 50. I estimate that our excursion to get cinnamon rolls and frozen yogurt cost the government, aka us, about $2000.

Abby and I flew into Chicago this time. I used the companion fare, and AK Airlines only goes to like Chicago and Newark NJ on the east coast. We stayed in a hotel at the airport, and that evening for dinner we took the train into the city. In 24 hours Abby rode in an elevator, an escalator, and the train for the first time. She definitely had a lot of fun.

The drive from Chicago to Dayton took ALL day. We only stopped in Indianapolis so Abby could go to the Dora and Diego exhibit for an hour. In KOdiak, we don't drive much more than 7 minutes, we were in the car for 7 HOURS and she did not complain once. She finally melted when she talked to her dad on the phone when we were five minutes away from the Victorian schoolhouse where my parents are residing. She is such a daddy's girl! All her emotions come out around him!

No comments: