Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August weekend

On Saturday, Jason and I hiked up Old Woman's Mountain. The hike up, not so fun, but getting to the top was magnificent. It's really pretty once you get past all the tall alders and pushki. I took lots of glorious landscapes with sweeping views, cloud-covered green mountains with deep valleys and streams, but I thought the close-up photos of flora turned out just to be more interesting.
The last of the wildflowers.







On Saturday was Warm August Nights, an annual music festival. The music that I was there for was not so good, so really the best part was seeing a bear at the Russian River. Whose watching who? People watching the bears, or bears watching the people?



The crew, me, and the captain.


Bear!

On Sunday Abby and I headed out to Pasagshak for summer day #2 - a day were it actually feels warm! It was awesome! I thought I didn't take too many photos, because I spent an hour napping on the beach, but apparently I took a lot, or I liked all the ones I took....or Abby is just so cute!

Panting like a dog. Note the surfer in the background.








On Monday, Hannah, Abby, Jason and I went to the Russian to go fishing. Hannah snagged a fish. She was so excited!

No comments: