Friday, April 27, 2012

Alask-O

 
Abby and I invented a new place - Alaska-O - where it's always warm weather, light breezes, plenty of sunny daylight and blue skies, with the occasional majestic clouds, perfectly sandy beaches, calm surf, an abundance of fragrant flowers and a variety of trees, cheap yummy local produced healthy eats, safe communally-oriented comfortable places to live with nearby parks, community/family-based businesses, energy/non-consumerist sustainable neighborhoods, with good schools and jobs, and oh, you really don't have to work that much so you can spend time with your family......ok, so it doesn't quite exist!   Keep checking these coming weeks for posts abo. Alask-O!

 Oh glorious sunset

 Beach walk 



I did not know that in this version of Alaska-O that there would be construction, at the beach to which I planned on going!!! I gasped when I found out. The plan on moseying one block back and forth to the beach was dashed, but there is plenty of other beaches. Although I had to walk quite a distance or take a bus, we went to some nice spots!

Because of the above construction, we also did some other things. Abby makes friends easily.  She'll find a friend and play away for a few hours. The lil' girl with Abby above, as I found out when I talked to her mom, has leukemia.  Her mom thanked Abz and I so much for playing with her daughter. She says she normally does not take her to public places, but they were having a special fun day.  Wow. Left me speechless.

When I first saw this hotel, I thought it was faux historic. I was actually annoyed, but then found out it really is the oldest hotel! Corinthian column looking down to shaded patio.


Goal for our visit to Alask-O - relax and have fun!!!

1 comment:

mom said...

All these brought tears to my eyes. What stories and photos. We miss you two sooooo much! You don;t have to post this, just wanted you to know. I am crying-I can;t help it, I AM going to figure a way. Love, Mom