Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Anchorage

 I went to Anchorage, in this small, small airplane for work.

It was work the whole time except for the evening with Amy and family and two hours - one I spent waiting for a federal building to open. It was cold and I had to pee. I had this feeling finding a restroom would be hard (all locked). And for some reason, there were NO coffee shops around the federal buildings, and it was so early nothing was open.  I took photos of entryways (and other public spaces) to pass the time.


 



 I like the No Smoking sign, and then the hundred butts - ew.  This was outside the probation office.


 Well, I had to take one selfie...in the Anchorage Museum.

The other free hour I had I jumped on a bus and went to Central Market - my favorite store, oh, and Indian food buffet - right next to each other!


 They have so much imported goods, much of it without any English.  What is this?! Seriously?!!


It was right before Chinese New Year, so they had fresh treats (from a Portland bakery)! Sweet red bean with walnuts. Yum! Since I didn't have a bag (just my backpack), I did not get to bring back nearly as much exotic foods as I wanted :(

No comments: