Sunday, February 23, 2014

My back flared up last Monday, aka, intense, unexpected pain. Although I constantly experience low grade chronic pain (which I manage through yoga and walking), this is the first time in years it has been acute. I was hoping it would be over quick, as going from a somewhat functioning (haha) person to non-functioning person (there were moments when it really really hurt to sit, stand, walk, or lay down) is mentally debilitating as well. Being incapacitated makes me appreciate the small things.

For example, I got this puzzle for Abby for Christmas. When I took it out a month ago, I thought there was no way we were going to finish it as it seemed beyond her skill level. Alas, it sat for a minute, we picked away at it, kept making progress, and lo and behold we finished it last night! I am so proud of her for sticking to it!

No comments: