Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I learned quite a bit at today's exhibits and mount making workshop. It was hands-on experience. Most exciting - I got to play with a torch! Ok, just soldering, but still invigorating in comparison to some lackluster days.
Also, I learned more about appropriate materials to use. I already know a lot already, but the ASM guys showed pictures of exhibits gone wrong. For example, when regular plywood is used for exhibit cases how the objects on display corrode from the off gassing of formaldehyde, such as guns or an azimuth thingamabober.
The curator of exhibits also talked a lot about mannequins. I payed attention, because although making mannequins is no where on my horizon, it may be and I just don' t know it yet. I guess he's really good at paining mannequin faces, you know, like trying to make a young white boy look Japanese.
#$x%x^&x^!"^*( !!!!!!

No comments: