Saturday, July 24, 2010

Anchorage - diverse, sprawling, entertaining, money spending zone. There's Leroy's family restaurant, next to the tattoo parlor, next to the flower shop; an Indian restaurant, a Korean market, and a pizza place all in a row, right across from the funky hair salon and pediatric Dr. You just need to know which direction to go! And don't forget the Brown Jug liquor store, with "community minded prices", because liquor stores are definitely so very community minded.

You may be dying to know what gastronomic delicacy I chose from the plethora of choices available:Indian, it goes without saying, if you did not guess this, you do not know me!Arby's! What? Yep, I was at a crappy mall and choices were limited, and you know what, meat on a bun with spicy horseradish and sweet barbecue sauce, with a side of piping hot fried potato cakes is just roots food!

I spent way too much money (do not get into debt Abby! do as mom says...), and will post photos later of my adventurous choices in attire. The only thing I did not do is the super skinny "leggings" jeans. My bubble butt is just too big. If I reach my weight loss goal (-15 more pounds) I'll try it. Abby is not too into fashion yet (it's whatever matches mud), but I hope she later appreciates, as in makes fun of, mommy's present attempts, fedora and all.

No comments: