Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th festivities

The sun came out just for me last night! FYI, rain, rain, rain and more freekin rain, until Sat. when I got off work. The sun poked out, and I decided Abby and I were overdue for beach time. She agreed emphatically.
By the time we got to the beach at 8pm it was full-on sunshine. It felt so warm, not only was every beach fly, beach bug, and drunkard out, but we actually took our hats off!!!! I just stared at Abby for at least 15 minutes, admiring her golden hair. I'm not used to seeing it reflect in the sun.
After that, it was candy store (aka WalMart) time, followed by bed at 10:30pm, which is Abby's norm (eek). I stayed up to watch the fireworks, and got to have an oarjsma right at midnight. Ok, tmi, whatever.
This morning it was parade time. The sun was gone agian, but that's ok. Abby had no idea what parade is, but I convinced her it would be fun and out the door we went. Of course she liked it! Back home, relax and play, followed by the beach, and now at the new house for a snack and a nap.
Fun! I like playing, and I'm not done yet.


Wherever we go, if Abby sees anyone, she squeaks "My friends", and promptly runs over to them like they are her best buddies. She is so trusting, and over that debacle, I have no trust, and I worry... I mean, how could anyone treat anyone else so cruelly and inhumanely, and what's going to happen to her and how will my experiences either help or hinder her?

No comments: