Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1

The first two days were VACATION! Let me tell you, it's real hard work relaxing on the beach!
I did have to shell out some $$$ so I could leave Kodiak early though. We were going to have a big storm, and if I did not leave early, I would have not had the two days of beach time. Lesson learned - vacation at the end of trip!

Banyan tree!


I stayed on the far side of Waikiki, next to the park and zoo. It was just bordering the tourist section, so it had all the amenities, but not total tourist hell.

FLOWERS!

The closed War Memorial building. There were earmarked funds to repair this structure, but somehow they the project did not begin, and the funds are no longer available. The only part open is the public restroom. There is a HUGE homeless population in Honolulu, and frankly with the weather and public facilities, it's probably one of the more desirable places to be if you don't have someplace to live.


I am definitely jealous of the weather - yoga outside at sunset with Diamond Head in the background!

The high rise hotels freak me out. Glad I stayed in a small hotel the first few days.


No comments: