Friday, October 14, 2011

Lighthouse of help

I have been, uh, a little on the depressed side for the past week. Perhaps a low after such a high in Honolulu?! I have no particular reason to be blue, but not even spicy food AND chocolate have helped. Well, ok, a little. I know I got it really good though, so I feel quite silly. Especially when I have researchers tell me "you've been our lighthouse of help!"

For example, we had a film crew in from Oregon studying Refuge Rock. They were fun to hang with! I assisted them with their discovery of the brewery, and then of course they proceeded to lose their glasses and their ability to walk because of it! Good times. But even today, I WAS supposed to go to Ouzinkie, but the weather was bad this morning, so I ended up in the dungeon again, and gave yet another collections tour. It may sound ho-hum, as I have given hundreds of tours, but actually they are rewarding every time! To see people's amazement is very uplifting and reminds me of what a good life I have.

I have such a wonderful daughter, a place to live, running water, food, supportive co-workers/friends, a cool place to live, a great "job", etc., so I best look up!

No comments: