Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pain, like screaming at the top of your lungs pain. My whole body spasmed and shook. Lots more pain meds and muscle relaxers helped with that, but I assure you that I can only imagine a few more painful things that could happen to a person, and I pray I never have to endure such wretchedness again. Five days later, with constant meds, I can sit for a bit, stand for a bit, and pretend smile at Abby.
Did you walk anywhere today? Drive a car? Perhaps go to the store, THANK GOD. Seriously, the little things seem so much more valuable to me after all that has transpired, whether it be to my own failings or unexpected hell. And now, I don't think I will stress out about anything.
Shawen and I were talking how we sometimes feel like Job. Not only has he taken care of Abby and I this week, but he had a wisdom tooth pulled and some other pain I won't describe.
The funny thing is, neither anticipated this week. I was just happily going about the days - happy to be with Abby, happy that Shawen is generally being nice, happy to go swimming, happy to get an US magazine - then bam, bye bye everything I thought would be. Missed work, no exercising for at least six weeks, more bills coming, and the realization that I will be living with this for the rest of my life - I may be in excruciating pain at any time. Talk about being tested.

No comments: