Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas gift ungifted

Right side.

Front.


Back.

I like to include fetishes inside (little pieces to decorate the
interior of the bowl when not in use).

Left side.

As you may know, pottery is an important hobby for me. It is like mediation really. Earlier this year I failed to complete a large pitcher successfully as the glaze did not turn out. I was bummed, but really it is the process I enjoy. However, it's not all about process, so I did a test glaze this time to make sure that Christmas gifts turned out. I had one in particular that was important to me. My efforts paid off, and it turned out well. However, I can't gift it.

What do I do with it? I cannot keep it - it's too painful. I can't give it away to someone as it was made for someone specifically. I wouldn't feel right selling it really. Do I smash it? Throw it off a cliff at Piedmont Point? I am not sure. No, Shawen, you may not smash it. This is the last post, I promise, or will try, but you know how hurt I am, and I do have this minor dilemma.

No comments: