Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kept

Peter Peter kept his wife very well in a pumpkin shell.

Keeping one's S.O. happy is important. For me, logically, kids are no. 1, S.O. would be no. 2 (ha ha), followed by family, friends, and co-workers.

Now, my situation is not unique, but perhaps varied from the conservative norm. Keeping baby's daddy at bay is a must, and I have the tools on hand, or in my rear pocket, to do that :)
Co-workers are my friends pretty much. I have all of three people that I consider to be friendly acquaintances outside of work. Keeping them happy is good. Makes daily life better. I gave them all Christmas gifts year (votives), forgoing unfortunately my own parents!

While I can understand keeping your S.O. happy, or just keeping them, is critical, I don't think I would let Shawen influence me enough to abandon my co-workers or friends. Who I choose to keep close has come under serious scrutiny, yet, I have not wavered just to keep peace. Why? Why would I tolerate ridicule, if not outright torture, when I could just disregard someone, and perhaps keep friends that he approves of (not sure who that would be!)?

W e l l, I will think about this. For one, do I want to be kept or whipped?
Take all baggage, yes, but at what price? At the expense of losing yourself and hurting others? Hmm.

No comments: