Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can't even remember what I was going to say....!

Did I mention too much to do? I know I have a lax life in comparison to many, but I am am very self-driven person. I am self-motivated however to do things for others, not just myself. I work, Abby-time, baby daddy, maintaining household, volunteering, 14 weeks of parenting class.... yes, 14 weeks of parenting class. It's was Shawen's idea. I went along with it and am glad. I am learning, so I am happy about that. It is a very slow-paced class, but habits are hard to change, it's a slow process (So I have learned in the last year). These past two weeks we have been working on rewarding good behavior. Sounds easy, and of course I already knew this, but how often so you thank your kid just for putting on his shoes or sitting down to eat? You may be relieved he actually did it without you having to ask 500 times, but did you say, "Good job Eric, thanks for getting ready to go so quickly."

Changing behavior with positive loving words......what a notion.

I am so thankful I have too much to do, and am not a human slave or completely destitute, or some other horrid fate.

No comments: