Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

Abby, Shawen and I had a fabulous Halloween weekend. On Friday we trick-or-treated downtown. It was packed! Kodiak has wide sidewalks downtown (and only has sidewalks downtown), and they were packed full with herds of children! On Saturday we went to the AA "party". On Sunday we went to church, went swimming, and then over to a friends house for "trick-or-treat". It was only blowing 50 mph winds and horizontal rain, so no house to house for us that night! The one visit was perfect. Abby got to meet the brave trick-or-treaters at their door and say "Happy Halloween!" They usually get about 150 kids, but this year they only had about 50, which I thought was astounding considering the weather, which was bad even by Kodiak standards. I actually have never had a trick-or-treater at my house! Location, location, location is right - no one bothers with mine!

Swimming was also really fun. Shawen had a great time and played with Abby like I cannot. He is very imaginative. He pretended to be a shark and was trying to get her toes. So funny to see her squeal with delight. Then on Monday Abby and I ran around to do errands. One stop was the playground. At that time all the kids came out for playtime - it was mayhem. Abby is about a year younger than those kids and she was someone different to play with, so she was quite the novelty. Some of the girls adopted her and gingerly led her around the playground, taking her up and down the slide over and over again! Abby had a lot of fun.

And I forgot to mention the haunted CG ship! I go just to get on the boat! It's fun climbing up and down the ladders, and haunted, it's super fun. I had to stand out in the freezing weather way under dressed for 45 minutes, but it was worth it. Funny, the boat started rocking just before I got on, and wow, let me tell you, I have no idea how people live and work on boats! it made me woozy for a minute and it's tied to the dock!

No comments: